Nea Nygård (Mäkelänkatu 23 B 9, 00550 Helsinki, Finland)
Finnish business ID 1906528-5 (EU VAT# FI19065285)
Want to know what information on you we have stored? Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send you the info right away. You have the right to revise and/or remove your information. We store your information only in secure systems which require a username and a password. We collect information you have given to us and that we need for completing your order.
What information is collected when customers purchase items from one of our webshops (www.lanitiumexmachina.com or www.lanitiumexmachina.etsy.com)?
1) Order information: name, postal address, email address, phone number (Finnish orders), ordered products, discount code in case the customer has used one, payment method (Paypal, Etsy Direct Checkout, bank transfer), message(s) about the order (Etsy convos, emails, Facebook messages). If you place your order via Etsy then we also get your Etsy username.
2) Payment information required by Finnish Accounting Act: payment date, customer’s home country (this is needed for VAT purposes), total sum of the order. Bank account statements also include payer’s name and any message the payer has left.
We use order details for analysing purposes (for example how many times a certain discount code has been used or what products have been the most popular). When doing these analyses we don’t use your personal information but only information about the products and discount codes. We use Google Analytics.
What information is collected at pop up’s and other events?
1) Payments. We use a SumUp card reader. SumUp gives us the following payment information: date and time, product (for example Basic Sock), total sum, method of payment (card/cash). SumUp does not give us customer’s name, email or any card information whatsoever.
2) Giveaways. When you join our event giveaway we ask for your email. After drawing the winner the raffle tickets are shredded. We do not keep participants’ emails.
What information is collected from newsletter subscribers?
1) The first name you have given to us (doesn’t have to be your real name), email address and the language of the newsletter (Finnish/English).
2) You can un-subscribe at any time by using the link at the end of each newsletter.
We do not collect information on social media (Instagram, Facebook, Ravelry) followers, likes, comments or event participants.
Which third parties get your information?
1) Finnish orders are shipped via Finnish postal system (Itella/Posti) using the packet (“postipaketti”) shipping method. This requires us to give Itella the following information: customer’s name, postal address (or SmartPost information) and phone number. For the rest of the world we use DHL Global Mail service. Customers’ shipping information is not required or stored by DHL since this shipping method doesn’t include tracking.
2) Our accountant sees information that is required by the Finnish Accounting Act (1336/1997). This information is retained as long as the Accounting Act requires. Accounting materials are stored in Google Cloud.
3) Knitwear designers when they add your gift pattern to your Ravelry library. The designer receives only your Ravelry nick but no other information.
4) Webshop admins have access to our site when necessary. Most of the time they can do their job without accessing any customer information.
All third parties get only the information that is necessary. Third parties don’t have a permission to give customer information to anyone else or to use the information for any other purposes than those stated above.
The company behind this webshop is Ink and the Dog (Finnish business ID 1906528-5/VAT# FI19065285). When you place an order you accept these terms and conditions unless we have agreed to different ones with you.
Placing an order.
After placing your order on www.lanitiumexmachina.com you’ll get an order confirmation email. If you can’t find it please check your spam folder. Order confirmation includes the product(s) you ordered, product prices and shipping&handling costs. You’ll also find payment information if you have chosen bank transfer as payment method. This payment option is available to people living in the European Union, Switzerland or Norway.
You can also place your order via email (email@example.com).
In stock items are shipped within 1-3 businessa days after we have received your payment. Dyed to order items are shipped within 3-4 weeks. If you need your dyed to order items sooner please email us before placing your order. If for some reason we can’t ship items within promised time frame we announce this on the front page.
We take great care in photographing our products but please note that the exact shade of color may vary from screen to screen. Different dyelots have minor variations. If you are making a multi-skein project please order all the skeins you need at the same time. This way we can ensure that the skeins are from the same dyelot.
Orders are shipped via Itella/Posti. Flat rate shipping costs are 6,90 euros (excl. clubs). We can ship your order to the nearest post office or SmartPost. You will get a text message notification once your order has arrived and is ready to be picked up. Please take your driving licence/passport/identification card with you as Itella won't release your packet unless you present some form of official identification document. Itella keeps the packets for 7 days and after that time period the packet is returned to us. This shipping method comes with tracking information which we will provide to you once your order has been shipped. Please double-check that the shipping information you give to us is correct. If you want your order via Matkahuolto or R-kioski (Ärrä-paketti) please contact us before placing your order.
Rest of the world.
For rest of the world we use DHL Global Mail. Flat rate shipping costs are 8,50 euros (excl. clubs). This shipping method doesn’t have tracking. If you want tracking please contact us before placing your order so we can calculate the correct shipping costs for you. Please double-check that the shipping information you give to us is correct. Customers are responsible for any import taxes, duties or other costs their government collects when importing goods. If you live in the European Union you don't have to pay any of these taxes or duties unless you live in one of those autonomous areas that do not collect value added tax (i.e. Åland Islands, Büsingen am Hochrhein, Campione d'Italia, Ceuta, Gibraltar, Helgoland).
You can also pick up your order (Helsinki/Vallila or Helsinki/Pitäjänmäki). Choose “pick-up” as the delivery method. We will contact you to arrange the time and date for your pick up. You can also pick up orders at any of the coming events we are participating. Event canlendar can be found here.
Ordering both in stock items and dyed to order items.
If you order both in stock items and dyed to order items your whole order will be shipped once your dyed to order items are ready. If you order a yarn club and any other item(s) these other items will be shipped with your first club order. If you want the other item(s) quicker please make two separate orders, one for the yarn club and another for the other item(s).
Yarn clubs are shipped on the last day of each month (for example January’s yarn club is shipped on Jan 31st).
If you place multiple orders during a certain time period (i.e. in December we release a new sale item every day between Dec 1st and Dec 24th) we can combine your orders. Then everything will be shipped together and you pay shipping only for that one packet. Choose “packet” (Finland)/”maxi letter” (rest of the world) for the shipping method for your first order and “pick up” (all countries) for your subsequent orders.
Payment options are Klarna Checkout's invoice, part payment, card payment and direct payment (Finland, Sweden, Norway, Germany and Austria), bank transfer/pdf invoice (Finland, rest of the EU, Switzerland, Norway) and Paypal. After placing your order we will reserve in stock items for you for 7 days. After 7 days un-paid orders are cancelled.
Pick up orders can be paid before pick up using Klarna Checkout or Paypal. You can also pay with card (credit/debit) or cash when you pick up your order (choose bank transfer/pdf invoice as payment method).
At events (pop ups, craft fairs, knitting retreats and other evens) you can pay with card (debit/credit) or cash.
If you have a discount code please use it during checkout. Discounts can’t be applied afterwards.
You can return your order within 14 days of receiving your order. All items must be in their original condition. Yarn clubs are not eligible for returns. Cancel your order via email. We pay the return shipping costs when you use the shipping method we have chosen. You’ll get detailed instructions via email. If you live in Finland please don’t use payment on receipt delivery method (=postiennakko) as we will not accept those returns. We will pay returning shipping costs only when the order is cancelled via email.
Wrong, missing or faulty items.
If we accidentally send you something you didn’t order or your order is missing an item/items or your item(s) is faulty please contact us via email asap. We will send the right products/replacements asap with no additional cost to you.